Are you fed up and frustrated about having acne? Acne which is a common skin disorder affects people of all ages but is more common in teenagers who suffer from hormonal changes; however, adults too are not immune from acne. The following tips will help prevent acne breakouts
1. Your skin should be cleaned regularly with hypoallergenic soaps and cleansers that will help get rid of any impurities, dirt and excess oil.
2. You should never squeeze your acne as it can spread bacteria and germs to other areas of the skin and can cause inflammation and can leave scars on your skin too.
3. It is advisable to drink green tea as it has antioxidant properties which help in eliminating acne. Having green tea is good for overall health also.
4. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day as water hydrates the skin and flushes out toxins and impurities in our bodies.
5. Try and avoid oily and spicy food and alcohol. Eat a balanced diet which is rich in proteins like cottage cheese, salmon, egg white. Also eat fresh vegetables and fruits which contain fiber and vitamin.
6. Avoid anxiety/stress and deal with it effectively by practising meditation, yoga and any type of relaxation exercises. You can perform physical exercises like swimming, cycling, walking and any sport which will help you relax and feel de-stressed.
7. Using herbal supplements can help improve your skin as they help regulate skin oil and fight bacteria that cause acne/pimples.